50,000 Km – £5,000 Well Being Challenge4 February 2022
Sewtec team to take on 50k challenge to raise money for local charities
Sewtec employees are taking on the Sewtec 50,000km challenge throughout 2022 to raise money for local charities around the Wakefield area.
At Sewtec, we lead with purpose and do everything we can to support our community. We are always up for a challenge and are constantly looking at ways to give back. In the past, our team has helped raise money for several local charities such as:
- Ben’s Music Foundation – provides access to music education for children in the local community
- West Yorkshire Hardship Project – provides people experiencing hardship and homelessness with the care they need to move forward
- Community Awareness Programme – a charity raising awareness for those in need in our community
- Laura Crane Youth Cancer Trust – a charity raising money to support young people fighting cancer
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance – a charity saving lives across the Yorkshire region
And this year is no different! We’ve asked our team to raise funds to support local charities by getting active – whether it’s walking, running, cycling, swimming, or any activity that works for them. At the end of the day, it’s all about taking part and doing something good for our local area. You don’t need to be a budding athlete to make a difference!
Our aim is to hit 50,000km by the 12th of December 2022 and to raise £5,000 for worthy causes in the process. Watch this space…
If you would like to support our team in meeting our goal, please head over to our GoFundMe page.